Agenda items requested by the participants:
Last updated May 10, 2000
1. Can natives be established and maintained without herbicides?
2. What natives tend to be hardier and can tolerate a ROW environment?
3. Can you get rid of Yellow star thistle without burning or herbicides, with only a change in maintenance practices?
4. Do we need to collect native seeds from plants growing on serpentine soils when we try to revegetate serpentine roadcuts and slides?
5. Is a native plant growing on serpentine genetically different than the same species of native growing nearby on another soil type? (see>>pictures of our common garden genetic test).
6: Determining appropriate species for project site; type of species and source of material?
7: Site preparation/weed control-adequately addressing compaction and stabilization?
8: Soil evaluation/amendments?
10: Long term management?-success of native grasses without
fire or mowing?
Updated December 20, 2022 - Go to The Reveg Edge website